The symptoms of silent heart attack are not very serious, therefore the patient considers it a common problem. Know what to do and what not to do during a silent heart attack.
A heart attack is considered and known as a dangerous disease because it does not give even a chance for the patient to recover. Many times a person dies within a short span time after showing a few symptoms. But do you know that there is another heart disease? Yes, and it is more dangerous than a heart attack, called 'silent heart attack'. The most common symptom of a heart attack is usually severe chest pain. But in the case of a silent heart attack, the person does not show any such symptoms, hence, ignores and dies suddenly. (therefore, it should be taken seriously).
The disease is not detected in the body
A heart attack usually occurs when there is improper blood flow in any part of the heart, due to which the muscles of that part of the heart start dying (usually, this condition comes suddenly and is fatal). There can be many reasons for heart attack, which keep increasing the danger in your body throughout life, (and you don't even realize). Usually by 40-45 years of age, if the person does not have any disease then he/she feels that they are healthy. But beware! As the risk of heart attack increases during the age of 45-50.
Why is the silent heart attack a dangerous situation?
A silent heart attack is considered a very dangerous condition in medical science because many times the first symptoms of such heart attacks are so common, that the patient feels and considers it as a minor everyday problem.
4 Symptoms of Silent Heart Attack
There are usually 4 signs of a silent heart attack.
- There is a feeling of sharp restlessness in the middle of the chest as if someone is pressing the chest too hard. These symptoms may persist for some time or can be felt for a few seconds and minutes.
- Discomfort in the upper parts of the chest, such as a strange pain in the shoulders, arms, back, neck, abdomen, and jaws. The patient may feel restless.
- Along with the pressure in the chest, the person starts having trouble breathing (unable to breathe properly).
- A heavy head, dizziness, and sudden cold sweating.
Tips During Heart Attack
- Many times a person becomes normal after showing these symptoms (of a silent heart attack). But this is an indication that you will have a second and third attack soon, which will not give you a chance to recover next time. Therefore, if any of these symptoms appear, contact the doctor as soon as possible and seek the necessary advice.
- Many times the chest pain in silent heart attack is so mild, that a person may feel that he is suffering due to gas or stomach disease. Therefore, be careful when you see other symptoms along with chest pain.
- If someone suddenly has chest pain, do not panic, moreover, consider it to be a heart attack only when other symptoms are seen.
Causes of Silent Heart Attack
Generally, the danger that increases both normal heart attack and silent heart attack is the same. A person may be at risk of these diseases due to:
- high blood pressure
- high cholesterol level
The only difference is that in case of a silent heart attack the person does not understand what he/she should do.
Read more articles on Heart Health
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.