Subscribe for daily wellness inspiration

Like onlymyhealth on Facebook!

How to use almonds for weight lose

By  ,  Onlymyhealth editorial team
Jul 31, 2012
4.8 / 5(4 Ratings)
Quick Bites

  • Almonds are low on fat and calories
  • They are quite rich in nutrition and minerals.
  • Knowing the benefits of almonds for weight loss can make weight management easier.
  • Eat some almonds to promote weight loss.

More

Almonds have a high nutritional value and are low in saturated fats. If included in a healthy eating plan and exercise program, almonds can be extremely beneficial for weight management and keeping other lifestyle disorders, such as diabetes and heart ailments at bay. Take a look at how almonds help in weight loss.

 

Almonds and Weight Loss

 

Almonds and weight loss    

Fats present in almonds are considered safe. The reason why almonds are recommended for weight loss is because of their nutritional value. A person, who has a healthy and well-nourished body, has no craving for unhealthy food items.

 

A study published in International Journal of Obesity and Related Metabolic Disorders stated that overweight adults, who add almonds to a low-fat diet, tend to reduce more weight than those who don’t include almonds in their diet. There were over 65 overweight participants, who were asked to add almonds to their low-fat diet. After six months of following this diet program on a daily basis, the participants showed a reduced body and water weight.

 

Calories and nutrition in almonds

Almonds are calorie dense thus, keeping a check on your intake of almonds is important. There are over 820 calories in a cup of whole, raw or dry roasted almonds. From one ounce of almonds, you get about 160 calories, 6 g of protein, 1.4 g of natural sugars, 3 g of fibre and 6 g of carbohydrates.

 

One ounce almonds contain almost 80 per cent of fats out of which, 8 percent is derived from saturated fat and the other 92 percent comes from monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. All are good fats and increase the level of the HDL “good” cholesterol. Almonds are inclusive of vitamin E, which strengthens the immune system, but does not aid in weight loss.

 

Moderate Almond Consumption

 

Moderate almond consumption

For weight loss, moderate consumption of almonds is the key. Despite of innumerable nutritional properties of almonds, consuming them in excess means taking in too many calories. Almonds are heart healthy, but the number of calories they contain is the primary concern. If its consumption is not monitored and limited, it could be a potential reason for weight gain.

 

Other health benefits of almonds

Other than curbing one’s appetite and aiding in weight loss, eating almonds also helps to lower LDL “BAD” cholesterol and raise HDL “GOOD” cholesterol thus, reducing the risk of heart diseases. Replace other protein sources that are high in saturated fats, such as red meat and fried foods with almonds in your routine diet.

 

Almonds provide dietary antioxidants that remove free radicals present in the body and protect against any damage they may cause. Moreover, almonds are also a good source of calcium and folic acid.

 

Image Source:www.livestrong.com/eatthis.com

Read more articles on Weight Loss

Related Articles
4.8 / 5(4 Ratings)
Write a Review
Post a Comment
Disclaimer +
Though all possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; Onlymyhealth assumes no liability for the same. Using any information of this website is at the viewers’ risk. Please be informed that we are not responsible for advice/tips given by any third party in form of comments on article pages . If you have or suspect having any medical condition, kindly contact your professional health care provider.
Comments
  • Garima11 Feb 2013
    Wow, great article you guys!!!