Bathroom safety for Children
- Never leave your child unsupervised in the bathroom even for a few seconds.
- Use non-slip mat in bathtub and bathrooms.
Prevent burns in Children
- Don't take hot food or drink when you are carrying your preschooler.
- Keep hot food and drink on tables and few counters away from your little ones reach.
- Don't cook on stove while holding your child.
- Keep the pot handles turned towards back; preferentially use back burners of stove.
- Secure oven door with an appliance latch.
- Use stove guard and knob covers.
Tips for Child Car safety
- Use a properly designed car seat, preferably in the middle of the back seat.
- Do not let your child sit in the front seat.
- Use child lock for door and window, if your car is equipped with them.
Child Door safety
- Install doorstops and door holders to protect your child’s hands and fingers.
- Do not let your child play with door ---like opening and closing it again and again.
Electrical points and appliances safety
- Use electrical outlets that have a sliding safety latch.
- Block any unused electrical point with furniture.
- Do not leave electrical cords in the open, hide them behind furniture or use hide-a-cord device.
- Keep blenders, toasters, dryers, and other electrical appliances unplugged and out of your child’s reach.
- Keep knives and other sharp objects, such as peelers, graters, mixer and food processor blades, out of your child’s reach.
- Keep medicines, detergents, pesticides, bug sprays, cleaning products, and any other toxic household chemicals out of your child’s reach.
- Install gates, latches, and locks to control access to unsafe areas.
- Cover or block access to table fans, heaters.
- Use appliance latches for refrigerator, oven and microwave.
- Use distraction for your child like a cupboard with in reach filled with lightweight, safe items that are interesting and attractive for them.
- Fix furniture that can fall over, such as bookcases, chests of drawers to the walls.
- Use corner and edge guards on furniture with sharp edges such as coffee table.
- Keep television, music system on low, stable cabinets or stands that are kept along the wall.
Read more articles on Newborn Care