What are the Causes of floater in the eye?
- Eye floaters are spots found in vision.
- Dark specks can be found floating in the eye.
- Age-related changes in the eye can cause floaters.
- Inflammation and bleeding can also lead to floaters.
What are Eye Floaters?
Eye floaters are the spots found in the vision. They may look like black or gray specks, strings or cobwebs which keep drifting when the yes are move.
Most eye floaters occur as a result of age-related changes that occur when the jelly-like substance inside the eyes becomes more liquid form. Due to this, the microscopic fibers inside the vitreous clump together and can create a tiny shadow on the retina which appear as eye floaters.
What are the Symptoms of Eye Floaters?
The signs and symptoms of eye floaters include:
- Spots in the vision that look like dark specks or floating material which appears like transparent strings.
- Spots which move when the eyes are moved
- Spots which become noticeable when you look at plain bright background
- Spots that eventually settle down and drift out of the line of vision
Causes of Floater Eyes
Age-related Changes in the Eye
Eye floaters are caused as a result of age-related changes in the vitreous, which is the jelly-like substance found in the eyeballs and helps maintain their shape.
Inflammation in the Back of Eye
Posterior uveitis is inflammation found in the layers of the uveitis is inflammation in the layers of uvea, which is placed in the back of the eye. Posterior uveitis can be caused by infection or inflammatory diseases.
Bleeding in the Eye
When a hemorrhage is caused in the vitreous, it can lead to floaters. Bleeding inside the eye can be caused due to multiple reasons.
Image courtesy: Getty Images
Read more on Eye Floaters Causes and Risks.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Oct 09, 2014
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.