This Summer, Indulge in Mangoes for Health
Mango not only tastes good that but also offer a number of health benefits for your body. According to a research done by the scientists in the United States of America, having mangoes for snacks is a much better option for your health rather th
Mango, the king of fruit is one of the most popular and nutritionally rich fruits with unique flavor, fragrance and taste. Apart from these, there are many qualities of this summer fruit which make it excellent for your health. Moreover, research done by the National Mango Board in Orlando, USA has shown that it halts and even prevents the growth of breast and colon cancer cells.
The powerful antioxidants found in mangoes neutralise the free radicals which are mainly responsible for problems such as heart disease, cellular damage and premature ageing.
Factsheet of Mango’s Health Benefits
- High iron content – The high content of iron in mangoes make it an excellent fruit for those suffering from anaemia and pregnant women. But like any other food, you should know the amount suitable for you and guard against overeating. A doctor can recommend that.
- Relieves indigestion – Mango is a very good fruit for improving your digestive system. It has some digestive enzymes that aids in breaking down proteins. Mangoes also relieve you from acidity.
- A natural cooling agent – Mango is a natural coolant, especially if taken in its sweet & sour avatar. The aam panna is an excellent drink for protecting yourself from bad effects of summer heat such as dehydration and fever.
- Reduces high blood pressure – The potassium content of mangoes helps to reduce high blood pressure. The soluble fibre in the fruit called pectin also reduces the level of blood cholesterol.
- Weight gain – The fruit is full of carbohydrates and calories and what’s more, it already has digestive enzymes to process the increased intake of calories.
- Memory and concentration – The glutamine acid present in the fruit helps in improving concentration and memory.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team May 22, 2012
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.