Men, Are you Taking Care of your Skin the Right Way?
A metrosexual man is one who takes good care of his appearance by paying attention to the fine nuances of fashion, new trends apart from taking lot of interest and care for his skin. Here's how men can take good care of their skin.
- Thicker skin has to be taken care of differently.
- A good cleanser is vital as a starter.
- Don't use soap bars too often as it can have a drying effect.
- Use a moisturizer that is marketed for men.
A metrosexual man is one who takes good care of his appearance by paying attention to the fine nuances of fashion, new trends apart from taking lot of interest and care for his skin. So let’s have a peek on what men skin care routine is all about.
How Guys Have to Take Care of their Skin?
A man’s skin is very different from a woman’s skin as it is thicker and since it contains more connective tissues (collagen and elastin); it is more firm and resilient. Men have oilier skin and larger pores which make their skin prone to acne as pores get clogged with sebum and grime.
Since men generally have a regular routine of shaving their face, the skin undergoes extra stress which can result in irritation, dryness and sensitivity. Ingrown hairs and razor bumps are quite common with men. A skin care routine needs to be in place for men too starting from the basics.
Man's Guide to Skin Care
- Since men have twenty percent oilier skin than women and have larger pores which make them prone to eruptions, a good cleanser is vital as a starter.
- Face wash or liquid cleansers are not meant for women only but are for men too and using them does not make you less of a man.
- Soap bars can have a drying effect on your skin, especially if you have a dry skin type though there are certain soap bars which have moisturizing ingredients and are as effective.
- An effective cleanser would be one with glycolic acid or lactic acid, salicylic acid or benzyl peroxide as they have exfoliating properties for deep pore cleaning along with antibacterial properties.
- Men need to keep their skin moisturized especially as shaving tends to make the skin dry. Moisturizing your skin would vary from one skin type to another, while oily skin types can give a miss to moisturizer and instead use a toner; dry skin would need a heavy duty moisturizer. Normal skin can use a lighter moisturizer. Moisturizer with an alpha-hydroxy acid such as glycolic acid or salicylic acid aids in betterment of skin’s tone and quality.
Read more articles on Skin Care.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Jan 31, 2013
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.