How to recognise heart attack symptoms in men
- Heart attack in men is one of the leading causes of deaths.
- Chest pain is one of the most common warning signs.
- Pain from the chest may spread to arms, neck and back.
Heart attack in men is one of the leading causes of deaths worldwide. Most of us know that if someone clutches his chest and falls to the floor he probably has a heart attack.
Not everyone having a heart attack is alarmed by a particular symptom. Most men feel unwell and may take an aspirin and try to rest when experiencing symptoms of a heart attack.
This is usually the first and most common symptom of heart attack in men. The pain is not always sharp or severe. It may be just a feeling of pressure, squeezing, heaviness, tightness or numbness that may spread to back or shoulders. The pain can come and go or the discomfort may persist.
This is another common symptom in men experiencing a heart attack. Most people mistake it for indigestion or heartburn and may take a ranitidine or antacid for it.
- In some men the pain or discomfort from the chest may spread to arms, neck and back. Some people can have anxiety, sweating or loss of color in his skin.
- Some men can experience shortness of breath, difficulty in breathing, dizziness, weakness, lightheaded or nausea.
- During a heart attack some men can collapse and lose consciousness. They may not respond to your commands and questions. The heart beat may stop or the pulse may be very fast.
Recognizing the symptoms of a heart attack early is important to improve outcome and prevent death from it. If you are having chest discomfort or not feeling well contact your doctor.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Aug 28, 2017
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.