Know the moves for a flat stomach! If you always desired to get rid of the unsightly flab on your stomach, the tips and exercises given below can help you out.
The Core Strengthener
This is the oldest but one of the best exercise for solid and flat tummy.
- Lie with your face down resting on your forearms and hands on the floor. Keep your legs straight.
- Raise your stomach off the floor while keeping your back straight and flat. Your head should be facing the floor and weight be supported by toes and forearms.
- Pull in your stomach muscles tight and hold for 30 to 60 seconds. Try to repeat thrice.
The Belly-bugle Flattener
This will require you to have a Swiss ball and dumbbell.
- Sit over the Swiss ball while holding a dumbbell in each of your hands but close to your chest.
- Pull your stomach muscles tightly in and gently lie back over the ball. The dumbbells should remain close to your chest.
- Slowly sit up until you are upright again. Keep your arms straight while pressing the dumbbells in front of you.
- Return the dumbbells to its previous position, i.e. close to your chest and repeat the moves.
The great advantage of this exercise is that you can do it anywhere and it does not require you to have any equipment. All you need to do is
- Exhale your breath completely
- Suck in your stomach.
- Hold this position for 10 to 20 seconds before releasing.
You can do this five times at a time and more with practice. You just need to use your breath and abdominal muscles to get some great health benefits.
This is the most often thought of exercise when people start thinking about stomach exercises. It involves the following steps -
- Lay on your back with bent knees, and feet flat on the ground.
- Cross your arms over the chest.
- Tighten the stomach muscles while raising your shoulder blades from the ground.
- You need to ensure that muscles of your stomach are exerting to lift the body and crunching the ribcage towards the hips.
This is another good way of doing the crunch.
- Lie on your back while keeping your arms flat by your sides.
- Your legs should be bent at the knees and feet approximately 6 inches up from the ground.
- Pull your knees toward your torso, i.e. upward and inward , and your backside should come up off the ground.
- Lower your legs back to their normal position and repeat the exercise. Repeat as many times as possible.
Chair Leg Lifts
- Sit on a strong chair and place your hands on its arms.
- Ensure that your back is straight and stomach muscles are tight.
- Lift your knees toward the chest
- Hold this position for five seconds before lowering them to the ground again.