Newborn Care - Look who is chatting or talking. Every kid is unique in his or her own self. The rate at which your kid will grow will be entirely different from his or her counterparts. Dr Poonam Sachdev, General physician helps us in getting a pe
Dr Poonam Sachdev, General physician helps us in getting a peek-a-boo into your child’s talking habits.
Right from your little angel’s first walk to his/her budding behavioural traits, one simply can’t wait to gaze how their baby will talk.
0-6 MONTHS OLD BABY
- When your infant will be around 3 months old, she is most likely to converse with you in her own gibberish ways.
- Make sure you are assisting her in developing her communication skills. You can do this by reciting stories to her, by singing songs in front of her or just by simply verbalizing whatever you’re doing. Though, she won’t have an idea as to what you’re talking but she’ll surely relish it!
- Pediatricians suggest that the main form of communicating with you and her outside world for your little one would be the crying gesture.
- Various studies have revealed that mother’s can automatically understand when the child cries, be it the cry for food or cry out of pain.
6-12 MONTHS OLD BABY
- Use your body language while communicating with them. Use your signs and actions which will help her in associating words with objects.
- It is quite early in time for your child to utter words, however the sound they produce becomes much more harmonious. Your little one will cherish emulating your voice and will be prompt in his or her response.
- She is most likely to achieve more charge over her muscles and will start reaching out with both arms to tell you that she is thirsty and it is about time you give her water in her favourite cup. She’ll want you to cuddle her, laugh with her and play around with her.
- Impersonate their jabbers which will help them in coping with two-way communication and would result in some remarkable tête-à-tête. Try it, this is fun!
12-18 MONTHS OLD BABY
- Now that your angel has reached her first milestone birthday, be sure to praise her while she’s muttering few words here and there.
- Pediatricians suggest that as soon as the child turns 18 months old, she is most likely to speak around 20 different words. However, she’ll be unable to form sentences.
- She’ll start understanding whatever you’ve to say and will start saying two to three words by now. Those words can be totally alien to your ears, though she is saying them while connecting them to different occasions and objects.
- However, some babies who have grown-up siblings can be modestly sluggish in their talks, this is for the reason that they find it hard to look for a word when a grown-up brother or sister is pitching in.
- It is seen that girl child tends to be much of a chatter box than boy child, so make sure you’re not taken aback if she starts singing by now.
18 MONTHS OLD BABY
- She is most likely to connect two to three words together while forming a sentence. Though most of the times she’ll eat some of the words in between, but will be able to convey her message adequately, such as “Mommy in kitchen”.
- In order to make her acquainted with various questions and instructions, use gestures.
- When your child will turn two, he’ll have a collection of around 200 to 250 words to recite. Meanwhile, if she still hasn’t started speaking by now it is important to visit your pediatrician.
- What you can do in this process is you can help her in forming sentences by adding words to it.
In the end, just remember that no two kids are same; every kid is unique in his or her own self. Thus, the rate at which your kid will grow will be entirely different from his or her counterparts, so don’t strain out judging her against others.
Read more articles on Newborn Care
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.