Who hasn't heard the popular true saying "an apple a day keeps the doctor away"? Well it had to be true, after all the super fruit is full of nutrition. An apple is packed with nutrients such as vitamin C, vitamin A and copper that are not just healthy but skin friendly as well. Yes, vitamin C present in apple helps to re-store the collagen content of the skin, thereby improves the elasticity to the skin and keeps wrinkles at bay.
Besides, the copper content in the apple helps maintain the production of melanin, a pigment that protects your skin from the sun damage as it acts a natural sunscreen while vitamin A content helps to build the damaged skin tissues and facilitate the growth of new cells. Wondering how to make an apple face pack at home to reap its benefits? Allow us to help and all you need to do is follow the below given instructions.
Homemade apple face pack for oily skin
- Take an apple and grate it.
- Take 1 teaspoon of grated apple and add 1 teaspoon of curd and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to it.
- Mix all the ingredients well to form a thick consistency.
- Apply this face pack all over your face and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Later you can wash your face with cold water.
- Curd will add moisture to your skin and improve your complexion. Besides, it will absorb excess oil from the face.
Homemade apple face pack for dry skin
- You will need a teaspoon of the grated apple in the bowl.
- Add a few drops of glycerine into the bowl. Mix well to form a smooth paste. Your homemade apple face pack is ready to use.
- Apply it all over the face and keep for 20 minutes, for the skin to absorb it.
- Rinse your face with warm water.
Homemade apple face pack for sensitive skin
- Take a small sized apple and boil it for a few minutes until becomes tender. Now peel its skin off and mesh the flesh with the fork.
- Now add 1 teaspoon of ripe banana to this paste along with 1 teaspoon of fresh cream.
- Mix all the ingredients well to form a smooth paste and apply all over the face.
- Keep this pack for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water.
Homemade face pack for dry to normal skin
- This is one of the most commonly used apple face packs as it contains honey. As you may be aware that both apple and honey are used as the key ingredients in several skin creams, skin packs and face washes etc.
- You will need 1 teaspoon of grated apple in a bowl.
- Add ½ teaspoon of honey to this.
- Apply this paste on your face for 15 minutes. And then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Apple face pack for instant glow
- This one particular apple face pack is suitable for every skin type as it is a fruit face pack.
- You will require 2 teaspoon of grated apple in which you will have to add 1 teaspoon of fresh pomegranate juice.
- Now add 1 teaspoon of yogurt and stir well to form a smooth consistency.
- Apply this pack all over the face and keep it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water to reveal an instant glow on your face.
Image Source: Getty
Read more articles on skin care