How to Improve Parenting Skills?
Good parenting comes naturally to a lot of people, but others find it a real challenge. However, no matter what type you are, it is important that you are open to criticism. You have the option of taking the advice on board or ignoring it, but at least you have the option. If you refuse to take criticism, then you are conceding that option.
- Do not automatically react negatively to criticism; the person may not be criticising you but actually trying to share some parenting tips.
- Read books and magazines on parenting. They’re good for fresh ideas.
- Join parenting classes. These classes teach you about child behavior, development and discipline.
- Consider joining a parenting support group. Talking to other parents can give you fresh ideas about child-care.
- Take a break when required, as tiredness it is likely to affect your parenting.
- Adopt a positive style of parenting, i.e. reward good behavior and refrain from criticising bad behavior in a confrontational manner.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Feb 06, 2013
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.