Young children need to be taught good manners from an early age. They should be constantly reminded about their manners and etiquette. This will guide you on how to teach your child good manners.
- Be a good role model; behave in a way you would condone yourself. Say “please” and “thank you” often, so that they realize the importance of being polite and having good manners.
- Teach them to use other terms like “sorry”, “excuse me” and “may I”.
- Do not get angry or agitated when you are angry. The child is likely to reciprocate your actions.
- Small children often throw a tantrum or misbehave. The best way to discourage such behavior is to let them know how you feel about it or simply ignore it if they persist.
- You need to make consistent rules for them. If they recognise a pattern, they will know what to expect if they continue to misbehave.
- Reward good behavior with praise, smile and hugs as this reinforces good behavior.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.