If you are a parent with a mental health problem, it is important you understand the trigger factors which can cause you to relapse. Being a mentally stable parent is important to prevent your child from situations like child abuse or neglect. Read on to know how you can prevent a relapse of your mental stability.
- Create a stable environment at home for yourself and your children; avoid factors that cause you stress and anxiety.
- Take your medication and visit your doctor regularly.
- Avoid the use of alcohol and other habit forming drugs.
- Identify your trigger factors and try to avoid them.
- Try to relax when you are upset; do yoga, meditation, or practice other relaxation techniques.
- Let your children know about your problem; this can help them to understand that you may not be able to cope with every situation.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.