Healthy Hair that is Moisturised and Clean
Question: The winter months have been harsh to my hair, what should I do get healthy hair?
Answer: The secrets to healthy hair and a merry mane:
The secret to healthy hair is a clean scalp. You must make sure that you condition your scalp well.
- Include a basic shampoo and conditioner in your routine. Don't wash your hair every day unless you have oily hair that requires daily cleaning.
- You may use shampoos that are especially formulated to reduce dandruff. These do not need to be followed up with conditioners. Those with heavy dandruff and hair fall should seek treatment from a hair specialist.
- Use a soft balm for a natural look while styling your hair. You can experiment with sprays when you opt for extreme styles. Conditioning is also important, since the scalp secretes less hair-protecting oils. Just be sure not to overdo it with the conditioner, or it may make your hair look greasy and lifeless.
- Using a moisturising conditioner three times a week will help replenish the oils which are usually lost.
- Little changes like using a scarf to cover your hair during summer and washing it regularly during winter months makes a big difference.
Inputs received from India Today.
Find more articles on Hair Care
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Mar 23, 2011
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.