Advice and Tips for Daily Exercise
Advice and Tips for Daily Exercise - Get some useful advice and tips for daily exerces with an explanation on why they are so important. The tips are for lower body exercises, upper body exercises and lung exercise, making up a comprehensive holis
Why is exercise Important?
You may not be suffering from any medical condition and feel that you are healthy. Not having a disease is not the best way to gauge whether your health is all good or not. With regular exercise, you are energised; improve your bone density, lower blood pressure and feel more relaxed too. Exercise increases your serotonin levels; as a result of which endorphins are released. Endorphins are the hormones that give you the feeling of pleasure. So, work out for pleasure and health!
For long term benefits, you need to be regular continually rather than intense for a short while in exercising. If not for an hour, 15 minutes of daily exercise can never be too time consuming. If you can have a schedule for an hour for days when you have time but at least 15 minutes daily, you will reap a lot of benefits.
Specific Exercises for all parts of the Body
Upper body exercises
- Stand and stretch your arms out on each side.
- Make small circles with your arms, 20 times in one direction and the same in reverse.
- Move your arms up and down in little movements.
- Rotate your arms 20 times, firs with palms facing upwards, then downwards.
Lower Body Exercises
- Tone your buttocks, hamstrings and calf muscles by performing sets of lunges with weights in each hand. You can begin with 500 grams and go on to heavier weights after practice.
- Tighten your buttocks, pull in your stomach and hang your arms by the sides while keeping the arms straight.
- Now, move the right leg forward and then lower your body by bending the knees
- Make sure that a 90° angle is created while balancing your left leg on the toes.
- Raise your body to the original position while keeping your back straight, bringing the feet to the starting position.
- 10 such lunges can be performed with both legs.
You will be surprised to know how beneficially you can use your breath if you know the lung exercises for it. Your pattern of breathing is an indicator of your mental state and in general about the kind of person you are. Jerky breaths are indicative of a restless state of mind while people who exhale for a longer time than inhale suggest lethargy. With some simple training, you can know how to manage your breath and it naturally follows that it will lead to improved health and mental state. The impact of breathing has also been observed in reducing stress levels, improving digestion, curing insomnia and much more.
- Sit straight with your arms placed on your thighs
- Inhale for 5 seconds and feel your lungs expand with air.
- Hold your breath for 5 seconds.
- Breathe out gently through your mouth in 5 seconds.
- Repeat the steps 5 or 10 times.
This is a great way to relieve yourself from stress instantly apart from other long-term benefits if practiced regularly. The great benefit is that your lung capacity is increased which has a direct relation to your energy level.
It would be really great if you are able to include all of these exercises in your daily schedule. If not, doing each of the three, upper body exercises, lower body exercises and the lung exercise for at least 5 minutes daily will surely lead to a more rejuvenated and healthy you. 15 minutes cannot be too difficult to scrap out of your daily routine for such great benefits!
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Apr 26, 2011
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.