Our skin undergoes rapid changes in its texture and thickness as we proceed towards ageing. Evidence of the same is present in the form of fine lines and wrinkles. The skin loses its elasticity gradually and appears saggy. Ageing coupled with stressful life and over exposure to sun rays quickens the formation of wrinkles. One cannot evade ageing of the skin but can prevent its effects to a great extent. Of late, dermatology wrinkle treatment has undergone a massive change opening a world of options in removing the wrinkles and restoring youth to an appreciable level.
Dermatology anti-wrinkle treatment either through medication or surgical intervention is gaining popularity day by day under proper guidance of renowned dermatologists and cosmetologists.
Getting rid of wrinkles completely is not a feasible concept. According to Dr Rekha Sheth, renowned dermatologist from the Skin & Hair Care, Mumbai, the sole objective of anti-wrinkle treatment lies in rejuvenating the skin reducing the lines and pumping the deep creases of the skin.
Anti-wrinkle dermatological treatment:
- Application of anti-wrinkle creams and gels is the most common and safest way of dermatology anti-wrinkle treatment. You should consult a cosmetologist or dermatologist, who will suggest the right cream to reduce skin wrinkles. Generally, creams constituting of natural and potentially active ingredients like Vitamin A, Alpha hydroxy acids (AHA), tea extracts and coenzymes are recommended for use.
- Dermabrasion of the skin is another popular anti-wrinkle treatment in which the skin is smoothened with the help of a spinning brush, completely removing the upper layer of the skin. Microdermabrasion is the form of Dermabrasion that involves a lesser extent of skin removal.
- Laser therapy is also widely applied as anti-wrinkle treatment, in which the upper layer of wrinkled skin is removed through laser application stimulating the growth of collagen in the underlying skin. The skin reappears with fresh and youthful appearance as the wounds heal up.
- Some opt for chemical peels of varied intensities to remove wrinkles and fine lines. The cosmetologist uses acids to burn some portions of the facial skin to remove spots and wrinkles. Chemical peels need to be carried out frequently to maintain the wrinkle free skin.
- Sometimes fillers like fat, hyaluronic acid and collagen are injected in the skin to straighten the wrinkles providing a smooth appearance of the skin.
- Botox treatment is being extensively used in treating skin wrinkles around the eyes and foreheads that are formed due to the repeated movement of the surrounding skin and muscles. The Botulin Toxin Type A is injected in special areas paralysing the surrounding muscles providing smoothness to the skin. This beauty treatment is quite effective and lasts for few months.
- Surgical facelifts produce most effective results in dermatological anti-wrinkle treatment that lasts for almost 10 years. The dermatologist engrafts skin and fat from the neck and lower portion of the face to tighten the tissues. This type of skin grafting has some risks and takes a long time to recover.
Although surgical and non-surgical dermatology anti-wrinkle treatments have created a revolution in cosmetology, still it is advisable to carry out natural treatments and maintaining a healthy lifestyle along with other preventive measures. Try to lead a merry and stress less life to maintain youthful looks for a long time.
Read more articles on Beauty Treatments & Body Surgeries