At times choosing whom to fall in love with becomes more a matter of heart than of reason. However, dating someone with depression and anxiety is not exactly a mistake. One must understand that such cases need to be dealt with a care. Apart from that, individuals dating people suffering from depression should understand that this condition is not a matter of choice for them. Here are some of the dating tips
- People suffering from depression often have a reason for them being so and some cases might be hereditary in nature. It is best to understand if you as an individual can take the responsibility of having a relationship with them or not. If not, then it is better to walk away before than falling out of love later.
- One must understand depression is a medical illness that can be even be occupied with delusion or overpowering feelings of happiness, sadness and insecurity. A person dating her/him should never treat this as madness and sort it out by being with them at all times and communicating with them.
- If you are absolutely unaware of your partner’s behavioural traits and you observe several traits such as constant sadness and loss of interest in conversations, weight gain or weight loss at a rapid rate and insomnia or sleeping too long, then you must resort to some medical help. Most individuals remain in the dark regarding their partner’s depression. However, you are lucky if your partner has confessed that to you. This means that the person wants to recover from it and can do so much faster with you by their side!
- Never remain out of touch from your partner who is suffering from anxiety.
- Make your partner feel comfortable discussing their problems and the problems in the relationship if they are facing any. Talk therapy often works to rescue them from another of their mood swings.
- People suffering from depression are often more sensitive to reactions than normal people. You need to understand your partner’s preferences and choices closely, in order to communicate better. Putting them in isolation is the worst you can do to them.
- Be regular with their treatment and take medical help when situations are beyond your control.
Read more articles on Dating Tips