Breast Cancer is one of the leading cancer types in the world. A lot of women lose their breasts to care due to poor awareness. It is very important to be aware of the signs and symptoms of any chronic disease so that you can prevent it in time. The same is with breast cancer. You must learn to do self examination at home to find if there is something that you need to worry about. In this video, Dr. Rohan Khandelwal, Head- Department of Breast Diseases and Cancer care at CK Birla Hospital, Gurugram tells certains important tips to examine breast cancer at home.
- You must get your breasts examined by a gynaecologist at regular intervals to ward off any underlying tumour growth.
- Every woman must go for mammography test as she crosses 40 years of age.
- You must conduct breast self examination every month or bimonthly. Women who are on periods should do this on the 5th day of their cycle. Whereas, women who have entered the menopausal stage can do at any day.
- Stand in front of the mirror to check if both the breasts are looking equal. Observe any differences in the size, nipples, etc. by comparing both the breasts
- Check for lumps in your breasts or any other unusual bump around the breast and talk to your doctor about it.
By staying aware, you can beat breast cancer.
Watch More Videos on Health Talk