You must have noticed that you might start hyperventilating after climbing the stairs and doing too much work. Breathing more than normal in one minute is called hyperventilation and this condition is also called gasping. However, there can be many other reasons behind this. This is a common lung problem in which you face difficulty in breathing. Emphysema and chronic bronchitis are two most common situations of developing a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. The main causes of gasping are:
1. When there is a deficiency of water in the body, then also there can be a change in you way of breathing. This happens because of dehydration, the body tissues do not get enough energy.
2. If someone breathes too quickly, then this can be a sign of an asthma attack. When there is inflammation in the wind pipe, then also you might face problems in breathing.
3. Because of fear and stress, many people become a soft target for having a panic attack in which they start breathing rapidly. These were some common causes of hyperventilation.
How to treat hyperventilation?
Here are some simple ways to treat gasping effectively:
1. Exercise daily (running, walking and cycling)
2. Avoid alcohol and smoking
3. Kapalbharti and anulom vilom (Yoga poses)
4. Talk to your doctor for panic attack
Watch more videos on Health talk