Menstruation or periods is considered a taboo subject in India. 80% of the girls still do not have the right information and knowledge about menstruation before their first period arrives. This lack of information and the stigma that revolves around menstruation makes it difficult for women to maintain proper menstrual hygiene. This further leads to many serious diseases and health issues. A proper menstrual hygiene is very important for a woman. Menstrual Hygiene Day is observed on 28th May every year to highlight the need to maintain menstrual hygiene.
In this episode of Health Talk, Dr. Aruna Kalra who is a senior gynecologist at CK Birla Hospital Gurugram will answer all the question on menstruation.
This video will give you deep knowledge about-
- What is menstruation cycle and the reason behind it?
- The importance of maintaining menstrual hygiene
- Which absorbent is better for a woman's health?
- Is menstrual cup the safest option?
- How frequently women should change her sanitary napkin?
- How much discharge of blood is normal?
- How to dispose a sanitary napkin safely?
Watch more Health Videos.