Regulation of uric acid in the body is very important to keep numerous health issues like gout(a type of arthritis) at bay. Uric acid is actually a waste product produced in the body. In order to regulate high uric acid levels, you need to keep a check on your diet. There are several drinks that you can make at home to reduce uric acid in the body.
Mint drink to lower uric acid
There are many nutrients present in mint leaves that help in controlling uric acid in the body. Here is how to make this drink:
- Take 8-10 fresh mint leaves and wash them.
- In a blender, put these leaves and add one glass of water. Blend them.
- Transfer this paste to a pan and add one more glass of water.
- Turn on the gas and let this liquid boil on low flame.
- Once it is reduced to half, turn off the gas.
- Filter the liquid and let it cool down.
- Drink this concoction to lower uric acid in the body.
Apart from this drink, you must also control your diet and eliminate foods that cause uric acid production in the body. Consult your doctor for more effective ways to lower uric acid and reduce the risk of gout.
Watch More Videos on Health Talk