Heat rash or prickly heat is a common problem especially during the summer season. However, this can happen in any season when you expose yourself to harsh sunlight. Those with sensitive skin would know how discomforting it can get when you get heat rash. There are many over-the-counter treatments available for heat rash including powders and creams but they act slow and results are short-term. For better coverage and faster healing, you must try home remedies that are given in this video. To make it easier for you, we have mentioned them below.
Home remedies for prickly heat
1. Baking Soda – The two major symptoms of heat rash or prickly heat are redness and itching. In extreme cases, people feel a burning sensation. To combat that, use backing soda. This is proven in reducing the discomfort caused due to heat rash by calming and soothing the skin.
- In a glass of water, add two teaspoons of baking soda and mix well.
- Now, dip a clean cotton cloth in this water and squeeze out the excess water.
- Put this on the area affected by heat rash for 10 minutes.
- Do this daily for relief.
2. Ice Cubes- This is the ultimate solution to provide instant relief to heat rash. When you come home, immediately place some ice cubes on the affected area. This would calm down the skin and prevent inflammation, redness and itching.
3. Gram Flour- If you have rashes that are painful and itchy, you can use gram flour.
- Make a paste by mixing gram flour and water.
- Apply this all over the affected area and leave it until it dries.
- Wash it off.
- You can do this multiple times a day for relief from prickly heat.
Watch More Videos on Health Talk