There are numerous types of fluids in which the best one is water. Water is a basic necessity for human body. It carries nutrients and oxygen to all the cells of the body. It even helps in removal of certain harmful substances. In addition to this, water also helps in maintaining one's body temperature. It creates a balance of the fluid content in our body. 2-3 litres of water consumption per day is necessary in order to get all these benefits.
- Drinking lemon water is also very helpful as it is rich in Vitamin C. It can boost your immunity and also help in removal of toxins from the body.
- Coconut water is also a good choice of fluid for our body. It is rich in both electrolytes as well as potassium.
- ORS or Electrolyte water consumption also helps in increased sodium and mineral content of the body.
- Another great way of fluid consumption can be in the form of soups which can be of various types, i.e., tomato soup, vegetable soup, chicken soup etc. These can be highly nutritious, rich in antioxidants as well as fibre.
- We can even consume milk or milk products like buttermilk which help in intake of good amount of calcium and protein.
- Another helpful fact about fluids is that fruit juice is not a very healthy option as a freshly squeezed juice of fruits only has high amounts of sugar content. Therefore, it is better to consume fruits along with yogurt or mixed with milk. This provides us the calcium and protein of the milk as well as nutrients of the fruits.
- One can also find Aloe vera juice and wheatgrass juice easily available which also helps in boosting of immunity.
- Few other fluids which help in maintaining and increasing immunity are, homemade kadha, ginger water, carom seed water, cumin seed water. All these also help in digestion and help us to avoid fluids like sodas which are not good for health.
Watch more videos on Health talk