Try these 5 yoga asanas to reduce tummy
- Yoga is the best medicine to get rid of fat and stress.
- Kapalbhati pranayam gives a thorough exercise to the abdominal muscles.
- Anulom-Vilom is highly effective in regulating oxygen movement in the body.
The first place where all the calories linger and accumulate into fat is around the abdomen, more prominently around the belly. Therefore, top exercises for a toned body are abdomen or belly fat centric.
Yoga has become popular among people because of its property of being the best medicine to get rid of fat and stress simultaneously.
Here are some yoga exercises that can help you lose excess belly fat.
This breathing technique gives a thorough exercise to the abdominal muscles.
- To do the Kapalbhati posture, sit on a flat surface with your legs folded.
- Relax all the joints and ensure that your spine is erect.
- Once you have attained this position, close the eyes and blow air out of your nose slowly while contracting the muscles of the stomach inside.
- Inhale deeply and let the stomach contract and expand vigorously. Repeat this breathing technique for several times for ten minutes and fasten the pace as you repeat.
As you become an expert in this breathing technique, increase the time period of the exercise from 10 minutes to 30 minutes.
Anulom-Vilom is highly effective in regulating the movement of oxygen in the body and gives the abdominal muscles a good work out.
- To do the Anulom-Vilom pranayama, sit on a flat surface with your legs folded.
- Relax the joints and ensure that your spine is erect.
- Close your eyes and hold the right nostril with the right thumb and press it against your nose so that the only way you can inhale is through your left nostril.
- Take a deep breath with your left nostril and ensure that your stomach expands as you inhale and fill your stomach with oxygen.
- Hold the breath for a while and release the breath from the right nostril after holding the left nostril with the forefinger of your right hand.
Practise the same with the right nostril and practise the pranayama for at least 40 counts.
A common yoga posture that works wonders on your abs.
- Lie flat on the ground, with your back on the floor.
- Raise your upper body and legs to an angle of 30 degrees and hold the posture for 30-40 seconds, then relax.
- Repeat this asana for 10 times to begin with, graduating to 30 times. Breathe normally all through the work out.
Holding onto the posture tightens and contracts your upper and lower abs while repeating the movement tones them up.
- It is the counter pose to naukasana .
- Stand on your knees, with heels facing upwards.
- Arch your back, placing your hands on your knees one by one.
- Hold your head behind pushing your belly outwards.
- Hold this posture for 30 seconds and repeat 30 times.
Ushtrasana releases the tension by giving your tummy a good stretch.
The good old crunch still remains the best exercise to bag the perfect abs.
- Lie on the floor with your legs off the floor in a right angle. Keep your shoulders just above the floor.
- Breathe in and bring your knees in towards your chest, while lifting your upper body to an angle of 30 degrees and breathe out while you relax.
- Repeat this exercise 15-20 times to begin with.
The crunches will help you contract your abdomninal muscles giving them an effective workout. However, avoid these exercise in case you are suffering from lower back problems.
Image source: Shutterstock
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Aug 16, 2017
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.