The kind of diabetes that is most common in young adults is type 1 diabetes. In order to cure this high level of blood sugar, the following measures may be taken:
- Since these young adults are at a growing stage, they should be given a very nutritious diet consisting of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are good for the child, such as in nuts, olive oil, avocados.
- The oft-seen habit of kids binging on fast food must be replaced by a healthy meal including fish, whole wheat bread, fish, skimmed milk, etc.
- The child should be taken for a regular check up for blood sugar level.
- Insulin shots are also useful in the absence of insulin in the body.
- At this young age, they should be encouraged to run, walk, play or do any kind of an exercise in order to stay fit and healthy.
Read more articles on MODY Treatment
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.