What are the Chances of getting Pregnant from Pre-cum?
Birth control and safe sex are some of the most discussed and deliberated topics of today. There are a lot of questions waiting to be answered. Getting pregnant from pre-cum is one of them. Pre-cum is nothing but the pre seminal fluid produced by males, just before sperm ejaculation. It is alkaline in nature and neutralises the acids present in the urine which remains in the urethra. As a result, it becomes easier for the sperms to travel right up to the ovary. However, most couples are worried about whether getting pregnant from pre-cum is possible. There are scientific fact based answers for the same which can rest the doubts.
Getting Pregnant from Pre-cum
- The pre-seminal fluid or the pre-cum does not contain any sperms.
- However, there might be some left over sperms from the last ejaculation which might travel along with it in certain isolated cases.
- Men are therefore advised to urinate once after attaining orgasm, prior to sexual intercourse. This is important to keep the leftover sperms from travelling to the ovary. Or else, the chances of getting pregnant from pre-cum could be pretty ripe, even if the male ejaculates outside. In normal males, the sperms remain alive and kicking up to a period of 3 to 4 days post ejaculation. The only way of clearing them up is through urination. You could also contemplate cleaning the penis once before intercourse.
- If the thought of getting pregnant with pre-cum is bothering you, you can urinate after intercourse and wash the vaginal area thoroughly to diminish the chances of any live sperm making it to the ovary.
- Withdrawal method is another method of intercourse which increases the chances of getting pregnant with pre-cum. The chances of pre-cum leaking into the vagina and carrying sperms with it are increased. Men need high degree of self control for being able to ejaculate outside the vagina. This might not be possible at times and they would end up ejaculating within the vagina itself for achieving high rate of satisfaction. In such cases, pregnancy is definitely a possibility.
In order to do away completely with unwanted and accidental pregnancy, there are safer alternatives available. Consider using condoms, birth control pills or intrauterine devices for effective results.
- Chances of Getting Pregnant during Periods
- Chances of Getting Pregnant on Birth Control
- Chances of Getting Pregnant during Ovulation
- Chances of Getting Pregnant After Birth Control Pills
- How to get Pregnant faster with Irregular Periods
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Dec 07, 2011
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.