Most of us are only aware of the common pregnancy symptoms, such as nausea, missed periods, fatigue and morning sickness, but there are many other uncommon pregnancy symptoms as well. Every woman shows different signs and symptoms of pregnancy, which depends on some factors like the woman’s health and whether the pregnancy is a normal or has complications.
Also read: How to use pregnancy test kit
Here’s a list of some weird pregnancy symptoms
- Constipation: This is another result of pregnancy hormones to your body. To resolve this problem, you must eat food rich in fiber, drink plenty of water, and do some exercise routinely. If the constipation continues, seek your doctor for treatment.
- Itching sensation: Another unusual pregnancy sign is itching sensation on entire body. But only some women report it.
- Skin Issues: There are certain skin issues that are associated with pregnancy. You may notice extra skin on your body parts or dark patches on your face. It is because, your body is producing extra melanin, causing dark spots and the skin tags are due to friction, as well as hormones.
- Spider Veins: The appearance of the veins surrounding the chest and upper arms is one of the most unusual early pregnancy symptoms. This symptom can be distressing, especially if the veins are prominent. During pregnancy the blood volume and flow increases. This change results in developing blue veins across chest, however they are harmless.
- Saliva Production: Some of women report to have excessive saliva, this is due to hormonal changes during pregnancy. You can try limiting starch in your diet or drinking water with lemon juice.
- Increased Cervical Fluid: There are chances that a pregnant woman notices more discharge of cervical fluid. It can either occur throughout the day or once in a day. The cervical fluid may have unusual colour and smell. It usually happens due to increased hormones and vaginal blood flow, however, talk to your doctor if it develops a foul odour, itches or burns, you may have an infection.
- Implantation Bleeding: Brownish and pinkish bleeding is also quite an unusual symptom of pregnancy. This bleeding starts when fertilized egg implants the uterus. However, one must remember that bleeding can also occur due to other factors such as certain infection.
- Runny and stuffy nose: This condition is referred as rhinitis of pregnancy. It is a rare symptom of pregnancy. It can start in the second month of your pregnancy and tends to worsen in the later stages.
- Vivid dreams: Pregnancy dreams, especially in the last trimester, are often vivid. These happen due to the fears and insecurities about pregnancy and impending motherhood.
- Strong smelling urine: At early stage of pregnancy, you may experience smelling urine than usual. It’s an uncommon sigh of pregnancy. Be sure to drink plenty of water.
- Achy legs or hips and backache: It is also anunsual sign of pregnancy. You may blame your growing tissue or hormonal changes for your aching problem. Consult your doctor before taking any medications.
- Dizziness: It's not uncommon to feel lightheaded or dizzy occasionally during pregnancy. Dizziness is caused by rising hormones that cause your blood vessels to relax and widen.
- Bleeding gums and nose: Your gums and nose may bleed unexpectedly during pregnancy. You may also notice that your nose is more congested than usual which is also a result of increased blood flow to the mucus membranes.
- Metallic taste in mouth: It is one of the most uncommon signs of pregnancy. It is unpleasant in taste and is named as Dysgeusia. Hormones, particularly estrogen, play a part in controlling the sense of taste.
- Insomnia: It can be caused by the combination of pregnancy hormones and a number of unhelpful conditions, like frequent urination, heartburn, leg cramps, and pre-birth anxiety.
For more related articles, Download OnlymyHealth App.