Tricks to Master your Anger Outbursts
Anger not only harms you, but also leads to detrimental consequences. It is important for a person to know how to deal with anger. Here are some tips, which will help you to rein in that avoidable outburst.
Anger is a natural emotion and when one is angry, his body shifts into the autonomic nervous system gear that controls all the sudden responses. Anger not only harms you, but it can lead to detrimental consequences. It is important for a person to know how to deal with anger. Here are some tips by psychologist Harish Shetty, which will help you to rein in that avoidable outburst.
Once you know the reason behind your anger, you can use the given relaxation methods.
- The best method to control your anger in social or public situations is to start taking deep breathes while counting from 1 to 10. This is a common method.
- If at home, relaxing yourself with a shower can also work wonders.
- Leaving the place instead of facing the person, who makes/ has made you angry, can also help you in avoiding confrontations that might end up in dire consequences. Go out, visit a park or explore a market. Jogging can also aids in relieving anger as it pushes happy chemicals instead of the angry or negative emotions. Working out may be another anger-buster.
- Another trick to master your anger is to sip water slowly. It makes your breathing normal, which in turn helps in relieving anger.
- Try to shift your focus by avoiding things that turn you off. Distract your mind and involve in light activities.
- Another sure-shot trick for letting off your anger is indulging with dear and near ones such as partner, friends or family. You can talk about your fear to a person, who is close to you, without any fear of being judged. This could be over a phone or meeting with your confidant so you can discuss things in a better way.
- Yoga and vipasana can be extremely helpful in managing anger effectively. These exercises will calm your mind thereby, curbing your anger.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Mar 12, 2012
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.