Newborn Care - Fathers to be should not think that the onus of bringing up the children is entirely on the mother. If you get involved right from the beginning, it would save you from feeling left out.
Pregnancy and child birth are some of the most important events in a couple’s life which gives a totally new turn to their lives. Although, mothers are the ones who need to do the entire job and they are the ones who get all the attention, fathers too have a crucial role to play in their wife’s pregnancy. Getting involved right from the beginning and at all the stages of pregnancy makes things easier for them and also keeps the expectant fathers away from feeling left out. Here are some tips for fathers to be that will make you a responsible new father and a husband:
- When your wife is pregnant, she needs her husband the most. So, always be there to support her physically, mentally and emotionally.
- Make your wife feel special during her pregnancy and try to keep her in high spirits. Spend as much time as possible with her.
- Although you have been living together for quite some time now, things change when your wife gets pregnant. Maybe, your wife used to take care of the household chores, but now she won’t be able to do the same amount of work. Therefore, it is the time when you need to step forward and take the responsibility to manage the home and keep the expectant mother as relaxed as possible.
- Expectant fathers are advised to accompany their wives to prenatal care visits to the doctor. In case all goes well, there will be about 15 prenatal visits throughout the period of pregnancy. Your wife will surely like it if you will be present during all or most of the visits. Moreover, this is a good way to bond with the new addition to the family as you will be aware of what is going on.
- Make sure that you are there with your wife during the entire period of labor. It is one of the most difficult moments of a woman’s life as she is undergoing an extreme pain as well as emotional changes. In such a situation, you are the only one who can act as a support system for her.
The birth of a child is going to be a big event that will turn your life upside down. Therefore, it is advisable for the new dads to plan this event well in advance and be prepared to welcome this change in their lives with open arms.
Read more articles on Newborn Care
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.