Symptoms that occur in balanitis include swelling, pain, redness, soreness of the end of the penis, thick discharge beneath the foreskin and/or difficulty in pulling the foreskin.
Balanitis is a term used to indicate inflammation of the glans penis (the end of the penis). It is a common condition, which can occur at any age. Some of the common causes of balanitis include poor hygiene, infection with candida (thrush), bacterial infections, certain sexually transmitted infections, skin irritation and certain skin conditions such as psoriasis. Most cases of Balanitis respond well to treatment.
Symptoms suggestive of balanitis include:
- Redness of skin around the head of penis (glans).
- Swelling and pain of the head of penis.
- Irritation, discomfort and soreness on the head of penis.
- Thick discharge beneath the foreskin.
- Rash or sores around the glans (head of penis).
- Itchiness around the head of penis.
- Foul or unpleasant odour.
- Pain or discomfort while passing urine.
- Difficulty in pulling the foreskin (in severe cases, it may be impossible to pull the foreskin back).
These are some symptoms, which may occur in balanitis. You may have one or more symptoms and not necessarily all of them. The severity of symptoms may vary from mild (small patch of redness confined to part of the skin surface of the glans) to severe (whole glans becoming red, swollen and painful). Similar symptoms can be caused in many other diseases. Your doctor can examine and determine the cause of your symptoms and treat them accordingly.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.