Sexual Problems in Women
Sexual problem in women is anything that interferes with women’s satisfaction during sexual activity.
Sexual problem in women is anything that interferes with women’s satisfaction during sexual activity. For understanding the sexual problem in women it is important to know the sexual response cycle. Desire, arousal, orgasm and resolution are the four steps of sexual response cycle. Every women progress in this cycle in different manner, but sexual problem arises when any of the stage does not occur at all. Here are some of the sexual problems in women.
Lack of sexual desire stops the sexual response cycle before it starts. Inhibited desires can result from various factors such as hormonal changes, certain medical conditions and their treatment. For instance, cancer treatment hampers the sexual desire.
Orgasm disorder is characterized by the inability to be sexually aroused. When a woman delays or fails to have orgasm even after a normal sexual excitement then it is due to orgasm disorder. The problem can have psychological, physiological or even pharmacological origin.
Orgasm is also affected by the kind of relationship both the partners share.
Sexual pain disorders
Sexual pain disorder is another sexual problem in women wherein, there is pain during and after sexual intercourse. Dyspareunia, vaginismus and vulvodynia are its kind
- Dyspareunia is caused due to lack of lubricant. This can be due to in fear and anxiety about sex, insufficient sexual excitement or hormonal changes at the time of pregnancy, breast feeding or menopause.
- Involuntary spasm of vaginal wall leads to vaginismus. It can result because of certain traumatic condition such as rape or sexual abuse.
- Vulvodynia pain is related to inflammation of vaginal areas or valvar skin.
Causes of sexual problem in women
For some women their childhood experiences may not enable them to have positive outlook towards sex. Some may have become prey of some certain sexual mishap and lost their interest in sex.
- Stress of everyday life can also effect contribute to the sexual problems in women.
- Problem in relationship with your partner.
- Hormonal changes due to menstrual cycle, menopause or pregnancy.
- Medical conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes or depression can also lead to sexual problem in women.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Mar 15, 2013
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.