Eating healthy salad greatly helps to lose weight, as they are full of nutritions and are devoid of excess fat. You just have to choose recipe with low calorie and high nutrition and it is taken care of!
Losing weight is a challenge for most, and it does not get easy with the wrong kinds of foods that we consume. Salads are a very good option when it comes to eating and one should not think it to be boring.
If you are looking forward to weight loss then you must know that eating salad will surely help. Some people complain that by eating salad they are not able to lose weight. If you fall in the same category, then it’s time to check your salad recipe. If your salad contains lead proteins and light dressings then it will surely help to shed those extra pounds. However, if they are laden with fattening and oily dressing then the results are obvious.
Bean salad will give you the needed amount of protein that helps to burn calories and give energy to body to move around and hence helps in weight loss. To make bean salad you will need green leafy vegetables (such as spinach and romaine lettuce), onion, chick peas and beans. You can select your favorite beans and vegetable.
- Chop the leafy vegetables and layer them down in your salad bowl.
- After that, layer chopped onion and beans.
- You can even add black or navy beans.
- Now toss with little olive oil, vinegar and salt to taste.
Chicken and Greens
To make the salad you will need skinless chicken meat and green vegetables of your choice.
- Boil the chicken slices by adding a little sugar to it. Drain the excess water.
- Take vegetables such as romaine lettuce, spinach and red leaf lettuce. They are low on calorie and rich on nutrients such as vitamin and iron.
- Add the cooked chicken to sliced vegetables.
- Now add sliced onions and half a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add salt to taste.
- If you are a cheese lover then sprinkle low fat cheese on salad. This will also add to calcium and protein intake.
If you are a vegetarian then replace chicken with tofu, lentils, garbanzo beans or black beans and follow the same procedure to prepare a salad that help in weight loss.
Protein is essential part of weight loss diet. It gives you energy to exercise and getting rid of the excessive calorie. You can use seafood of your choice for making the salad. Prawns, shrimps and fishes are excellent sources of protein. To make the salad:
- Mix chopped celery and lime juice in a large bowl.
- Add chopped and cooked shrimps and mix well.
- Add sliced tomatoes, onions and cucumbers
- Toss with a little vinegar.
- Now cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and stir well before serving.
Grilled Vegetable Salad
Having your salad grilled would add a nice flavour to it, and at the same time it will also keep nutrition more or less intact in your food. This is also known as BBQ salad and is very easy to prepare. The recipe is low fat, low sugar, low sodium and gluten free. Add as many vegetables as you can and keep everything prepared in advance.
The best part is that you can eat this salad both hot and cold!
Salads are tasty, filling, and nutritious and they can be very exciting. Most people consider it to be boring and that is not true. Many of them incorporate lean proteins, like chicken and fish, as well as delicious but healthy cheeses, fruits, and dressings. So do not worry about flavour because there is a lot of that in them!
Read more articles on Weight Loss Foods
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.