8 R's of Meditation
Meditation has always been associated with relaxation and spiritual enlightenment. Meditating helps the brain waves to relax and lead one to the state of consciousness apart from improving concentration ability. Meditation stabilises the autonomic nervous system lowers heart rate and relaxes stomach muscles to streamline bowel function.
Here are the 8 R’s of meditation technique that give physical and mental balance.
- Relaxing: Meditation breaks the connection between your routine and other issues that concern you. By dissociating from everyday issues, it bridges the connection between you and your inner self. As a result, you enjoy a relaxed and peaceful state of mind. When you get back to the usual chores the next day, you will be more relaxed.
- Returning: Meditation helps one return to the original qualities of the self, which includes peace, love and wisdom. As you take your thoughts in, you collect energy of the mind.
- Remembering: By concentrating on the point source of peace energy, the individual begins to remember his/her spiritual identity. Remembering your spiritual self helps you get over any disorientation in life and gain positive energy.
- Releasing: The relaxation technique helps one dump negativity(wasteful thinking and thoughts filled with doubt, fear and worry). Releasing negative elements that have been dominating your mind frees you from fear and induces confidence.
- Relearning: Seeking a peaceful state of mind, the individual starts re-thinking about himself/herself and comes across forgotten truths. In this way, he/she learns about himself/herself and understands his/her feelings better.
- Rediscovering: While in the learning process, one rediscovers the values and resources. Rediscovering positives about self lays the foundation of a better quality of life.
- Restoring: As we relax our mind, return to self, remember ourselves and relearn, our strengths get restored. There is a positive change in consciousness, confidence and self-esteem.
- Recharging: Establishing a connection with the inner spiritual self recharges the mind and as a consequence, deep tranquillity flows in our thoughts. A positive change gets reflected in our words, gestures and actions. Moreover, we become capable of converting negative energy into positive and get over dissatisfaction.
Meditation, a form of alternative therapy, helps our minds prevail over emotional eruptions, work pressure and family concerns with 8 R’s mentioned above. Apart from practicing it to relieve stress or pain management, meditating daily restores a sense of inner calm by fuming out pressure created by everyday life changes and emotional shifts.
Read more on Alternative Therapies
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Aug 18, 2012
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.