The Unfortunate Trouble when trying to Conceive
A number of problems can occur while a woman is trying to conceive that may affect the mother or the baby. Understanding such problems could help you to get to a successful pregnancy.
- The incidence of problems while conceiving cannot be prevented.
- There could be difficulty in releasing a mature egg from ovaries.
- Eggs can also get damaged due to chromosomal abnormalities.
- Blocked or damaged fallopian tube is another complication.
Pregnancy can be a blessing, but when things do not go as per planned then it could be very stressful. Some couples have a hard time trying to conceive due to certain problems, understanding these issues could help you to avert them.
An average woman expects to have a healthy pregnancy and safe childbirth. Expectant mothers wish to be in control during labour to get through the delivery and have a healthy baby delivered. Regrettably, the incidence of problems while conceiving cannot be prevented. Aspects of delivery procedure shouldn’t be ignored in the very first place to be able to face such complications.
- These problems refer to the difficulty to release a mature egg from ovaries.
- The reason behind ovulation issues can be disturbance in your pituitary gland, inadequate weight or chronic illness.
- Irregular ovulation may also be the reason for ovulation problem.
- To determine if you're ovulating or not, blood test to measure progesterone levels should be conducted about a week before the menstrual cycle.
- Ovulation problems can be treated with fertility drugs such as Clomid.
- Artificial insemination is another option to boost your chances of conception.
Poor Quality/Damaged Eggs
- Eggs can also get damaged due to chromosomal abnormalities, which is why pregnancy can't be sustained.
- The quality of eggs diminishes with age. Therefore, getting pregnant beyond 40 years is not recommended.
- Blood tests and pelvic ultrasounds can identify the quality of eggs.
- Blocked or damaged fallopian tube is another complication to reduce the likelihood of fertilisation of egg.
- Tube damage, a consequence of pelvic inflammatory disease, previous surgery or ectopic pregnancy, diminishes the chance of a healthy pregnancy.
- Laparoscopy is a medical procedure to identify obstructions of the blocked tubes.
- Medical surgery that opens the tubes or IVF are the treatment options for repairing blocked tubes.
- A malignant wherein cells from the uterus lining grow in other parts of pelvic area such as the fallopian tubes, ovaries and the abdomen leads to fertility problems.
- Painful periods or pelvic pain are indicators of endometriosis.
- The condition can be treated with a surgery that removes abnormal tissue or unblocks tubes.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- During ovulation, ovaries produce small follicles, but fail to ripen owing to the syndrome and form little cysts on the ovaries.
- The syndrome affects ovulation patterns and the menstrual cycle becomes irregular.
- Excessive hair growth, acne and sudden weight gain are a few reasons for the syndrome.
- These problems include fibroids (non-malignant tumours inside the uterus) and polyps (small growths in the endometrium).
- Uterus problems can be treated by shrinking the fibroids with medication or with surgical removal.
Read more articles on Labor and Pregnancy
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team May 24, 2012
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.