Love Making the Kamasutra Way
- The twining creeper lets the woman embrace her lover.
- Climbing of tree makes climbing gesture.
- Mixture of sesame with rice lets lovers embrace each other.
- Mixture of milk and water allows a passionate grip.
Kamasutra is a compilation of the much more extensive Kama shastras based on the Vedas. The composer, rather compiler of Kamasutra, Vatsayana, merely quotes from what he understood from the large volumes of Kama shastras and put these thoughts in the treatise called Kama shastra.
Three types of activities are essential for life to ensure its survival, known as Dharma, Artha and Kama. The first part called Artha ensure the survival of the species, kama makes sure about the transmission of life from while rules of behaviour and morality are contained in Dharma which ensure the cohesive life of the species.
The ancient Indians knew the fundamental needs of humans living in a society. Sex and survival of the species are the basic governing instincts that bring about the existence of a society. The citizens of the society are asked to enjoy their life with sixty four arts as detailed in shastras. Apart from the arts that make a person more desirable sexually, love making has been described as follows:
- Twining of a creeper: This the sort of love making in which the woman clinging to a man as a creeper draping around a tree while the man lowers his head to kiss her with a "sut sut" sound. The woman embraces and looks lovingly at him.
- Climbing of a tree: In this type of love making, woman places her feet on the man's foot and the other one on his thighs, while passing one of her hands to the back and placing the other on the shoulders. This makes for a climbing gesture and followed by a cooing or singing kind of sound by the woman.
- Mixture of sesame with rice: When lovers embrace each other so lovingly in bed that the arms and thighs of both of them were as though engulfing and rubbing against each other, this term is given to the love making.
- Mixture of milk and water: The passionate grip or embrace that two lovers find themselves in which seems as though they wanted to enter each other's body. The woman is generally seated on the man's lap or in front of him, in the bed.
Kamasutra positions are all about leading your life wisely and putting your creative faculties to their best use. Despite the name, it basically covers all three aspects of life, i.e. Dharma, Artha and Kama. Some of the customs detailed therein may not be most suitable in the current times, but there is no question of the wisdom and guidance for life you can get from the books. Apart from guidance for a virtuous life, you also get great insights on how to make your love life more enjoyable.
Image source: Getty Images
Read more on Kamasutra.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Apr 01, 2015
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.