Antioxidant plays an important role in your diet. They enhance immunity thus decreasing the chances been attacked by any disease. Antioxidants are necessary supplements for people who regularly exercise.
Antioxidants help to rev up your immunity and decrease your chances of falling prey to diseases. Those who exercise regularly also need to take supplements of antioxidants as exercise generates more free radicals.
- The primary way to intake antioxidants should be to eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables and also take supplements containing vitamin A, C, E and selenium.
- Choose fresh fruits over canned juices.
- Avoid boiling or overcooking your vegetables. You must steam, stir-fry, lightly cook or eat them raw.
- Consume Omega – 3 fats as they reduce the damage caused by pollutants. Source of Omega – 3 fats are alsi seeds, fish, soybeans, pumpkinseeds and almonds.
- Avoid cooking in oils that go rancid easily such as PUFA based oils derived from sunflower seeds, safflower seeds, cottonseed, and corn
- Olive oil is richest in MUFA and doesn’t go rancid easily, hence is best to have. Other MUFA based oils are those derived from mustard seeds, til seeds, and groundnut.
Today’s modern, toxic world creates the need for supplementation. Without optimum food intake combined with in-appropriate vitamin supplements we cannot expect to live a healthy life. The key to keeping fit in today’s world is to back up your body’s own defense system by taking your vitamin supplements.
Image source: Getty
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.