Its more than a mere shave folks
A man's skin is just as vulnerable as a woman's. The shaving routine can affect the skin, making it dry and sensitive. Proper shaving techniques and skin care can go a long way in avoiding problems.
- One should select shaving and after-shave products with care. A mild face wash or cleanser would also help to counteract dryness. In cases of dryness use a cleansing gel.
- Before shaving, ensure that the beard is wet. Many men prefer to shower before shaving and this makes the beard wet. Or, apply luke warm water before shaving.
- Use a shaving cream that contains moisturisers. If it contains natural ingredients like aloe vera, it would help. The products should produce a rich creamy lather. It would be best to leave the cream on for a minute and then shave.
- Choose the right shaving brush. The bristles should not be too soft or too hard. Everyone uses circular movements with the brush to work up lather, but if more pressure is applied upwards, it will help lift the beard and make cutting easier.
- The blade should be sharp. A dull blade makes the beard scratchy and blotchy. Don't wait too long to change the blade. Shaving against the direction of hair growth helps to get a close shave.
- Rinse the face with lukewarm water after shaving, ending with a cold water rinse. Then apply an after-shave cream. A cream would be better than a lotion.
- If there is no skin sensitivity or irritation, use a facial scrub two or three times a week. It would help deal with the accumulation of dead skin cells. Scrubs also make the skin smoother.
- Take two tablespoons almond powder and one tablespoon yogurt. Apply on the face and leave on for five minutes. Then, rub gently on the skin and wash off with water. For normal to oily skin, mix half a cup of oatmeal and one tablespoon curd. Mix together and apply on the face. Wash it off after 20 minutes.
Source: Jagran Cityplus Jul 28, 2010
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.