Infertility in Men
One of the main causes of infertility can be the inability to ejaculate in a normal fashion. This can be due to various factors such as diabetes, surgery of the prostate gland or urethra, blood pressure medication or impotence.
To investigate the cause of infertility, men should also go for a physical assessment just like a woman would. Experts suggest that semen examination is obligatory even if the male partner is sure that he is not the cause of infertility. It is seen that if a male is satisfied with his sexual intercourse act, then he thinks that he simply cannot be the cause of infertility. However, doctors oppose to this fact. This is because in reality no sperms might have been ejaculated.
Causes of infertility in men
Causes of infertility in men can be
- Environmental toxins which might include lead and pesticides, known to be the most common cause of infertility.
- Adopting illicit habits such as alcohol, drugs and certain medications can lead to temporary reduction of sperm quantity and quality.
- One of the main causes of infertility can be the inability to ejaculate in a normal fashion. This can be due to various factors such as diabetes, surgery of the prostate gland or urethra, blood pressure medication or impotence.
- Another cause can be the impedance in the drainage of veins from the testis. This condition is medically called as varicocele.
- At times there can be a blockage of the male reproductive tract.
- Congenital conditions and testicular failure are also among some problems in men which can lead to infertility.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Feb 15, 2012
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.