Illuminate your Scalp with this Anti-dandruff Squad
If you are biting your nails over that white powder coming off your scalp, here is your cue to a dandruff-free scalp.
- Vitamin A & C from lemon juice provide nourishment to the skin of the scalp, fighting dandruff.
- Grated potatoes can relieve the scalp and cleanse the complexion.
- Butter milk/yoghurt cleanses the hair, nourishes them and leaves them soft and lustrous.
- Rub orange peel, gram flour and yoghurt on the scalp and leave for 30 minutes before washing to clear dandruff.
For some amount of dandruff to exist on the scalp is natural as it is a constant process of shedding of dead cells, which must happen to make sure that the scalp is healthy.
The occurance of dandruff is damaging only when it starts flaking in an abormal manner and forms layers of white powder on the scalp. When you see it on your clothes and comb, the scalp starts itching or has an infection, it is time to take action. Medicated shampoos can help you by cleansing the scalp. The best way to keep dandruff within control is to wash your hair with soap or any good shampoo regularly & keep the scalp clean. Oiling the hair, once a week followed by tying it with a warm, clean cloth and keeping it overnight allows the oil to penetrate and nourish the scalp, easing the condition to a certain point.
What also helps is taking a supplement of B Complex vitamins and following a healthy lifestyle with enough sleep and exercise to assimilate the complex carbohydrates that do the maximum health build-up of the body and boost your immune system. Natural foods that should be incorporated in one's everyday life are sprouts, green leafy vegetables, nuts, carrots, cucumbers and tomatoes. These are rich in calcium, potassium, magnesium, selenium, phosphorous, zinc & plenty of other nutrients. Cabbage, particularly, has a lot of sulphur which is a good healing agent and is also Nature's beauty mineral which all of us can use.
A Few Easy Remedies
- Rub lemon juice on the scalp and keep it on for an hour or so and then wash off. The vitamin A & C from the lemon juice provides nourishment to the skin of the scalp and strengthens the hair's roots. This provides relief from dandruff but should be done only if there is no infection on the scalp. Otherwise, you may experience a burning and painful sensation on the scalp.
- Grated potatoes, used similarly, provide relief as well. They also cleanse the complexion and give it a bleaching effect and help one in getting rid of blemishes.
- Butter milk/yoghurt, with its immense calcium & B complex content, provides excellent relief. Rub it on your scalp and keep it for an hour or so. This cleanses the hair, nourishes them and leaves them soft and lustrous.
- Another remedy that has worked for some is a combination of orange peel, gram flour and yoghurt. Rub these on the scalp and wash them off after an hour. This clears the dandruff, cleanses & conditions the hair.
Healthy hair is a reflection of your inner health; if you are in a sound state, your hair will be glossy and healthy with a natural bounce and body. Stress, bad eating habits, too much caffeine, tobacco and alcohol consumption can wreak havoc both with your general state of health and your hair.
Some relieving techniques from Yoga & T'ai Chi (the Chinese art of conserving energy) could help ease the situation. While lying on the bed, put your head down from the edge of the bed so that the blood flow increases to the head & hair. Keep it there for 10 seconds and bring it back to the normal position. Do this three times and not more as sometimes, it may lead to dizziness.
Read more articles on Hair Care.
Source: Jagran Cityplus Jul 01, 2013
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.