How to use a male condom: Condoms should be used before sexual intercourse as they protects against unwanted pregnancies and STDs. Use a male condom before intercourse.
Condoms are the most popular form of contraception used globally. There are more than a 100 brands of condoms available around the world. Using a condom is essential for a safe and protected sexual experience. Condoms offer protection against unwanted pregnancies and they also offer some protection against sexually transmitted diseases. Using a condom is a relatively easy task. It requires you to be careful and avoid any wear and tear.
Male Condom Usage
Preparing for Sexual Intercourse
- You need to use a new condom every time you have sex. Condoms cannot be reused. Every condom is disposable. Trying to use an already used condom is first of all unhygienic and it is also potentially dangerous.
- The condom has to be worn the moment the penis is erect.
- To wear the condom, open the pack and take out one condom. Ensure that there is no manufacturing defect in the condom such as a hole. Also keep in mind that the condom should not be dry.
- Holding the condom firmly put the open end of the condom on the head of the penis. Now you will have to roll it down the body of the penis.
- Take care to roll down the condom properly, ensuring a snug fit. While rolling down the condom, hold its tip. Leave some space at the tip of the condom for the ejaculated semen.
After Sexual Intercourse
- When withdrawing from the vagina, hold the end of the condom firmly to prevent it from slipping off.
- Once ejaculation has happened, take the condom off and dispose it safely. Do not reuse a condom
- Remember to wash yourself properly to ensure hygiene.
Tips on Using the Male Condom
- Remember to buy a condom that fits you well.
- Always check for the expiration date on the male condom pack before purchase.
- Store condoms properly. Keeping them in a wallet or in the glove compartment of your car can damage them and eventually shorten their shelf life.
- Always use a male condom when performing oral sex as the condom will protect against the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases including HIV that causes AIDS.
- Once can use lubricants while using the male condom. Lubricants should be water based in nature as petroleum jelly can interfere with the nature of the latex condom.
- Wear the condom before sexual intercourse and not just right before ejaculation. Pre-ejaculatory fluid also known as pre-cum can also lead to a pregnancy or the transmission of STDs.
- Male Condoms are used for contraception but they do not guarantee 100 % protection.
Read more articles on Condoms.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.