Dry Skin Treatment - Learn some easy ways to solve dry skin problems. You can do them with ingredients found at home.
Dry and itch onthe skin can be undesirable as well as embarrassing. Dry skin problems usually aggravate in winter since low temperature, harsh winds and dipped humidity levels affect the skin’s lipid layer. This is the time when your skin needs utmost care. Simple remedies can help you maintain healthy skin during the winter season.
How to Solve Dry Skin Problems – Effective Solutions
Follow the below mentioned tips to solve your dry skin problems not only during winter but throughout the year:
- A hot water bath is a temptation many can’t resist during the winter season.However, hot water baths or prolonged exposure to water steals the skin’s moisture. It is best to have bath with lukewarm water once in a day. This rule also applies to hand washing.
- Avoid taking baths with soap. Instead, try using glycerine based moisturising gels. These are less harsh on the skin as compared to soaps. Oatmeal scrubs and bath oils are ideal for soothing itchy skin.
- Use a moisturiser after a shower or hand wash. The best way to apply a moisturizer is to pat your skin dry after a shower or hand wash and apply moisturiser generously on slightly damp skin. This will keep your skin soft and supple.
- Massage your body with coconut oil as it is one of the best remedies for dry skin problems. Oils are less sticky compared to lotions and easy to apply.
- Exfoliate at least once a week. If you can do it twice a week, even better. Dead skin cells cause your hands and face to appear dull. Most experts believe that it is best to apply a mild scrub directly on the skin without mixing any water or lotion. Moisturizers work well on exfoliated skin.
- Low humidity can quickly rob the moisture from your skin. Investing in a humidifier is a good idea especially if you like the idea of being around furnaces during winters to keep yourself warm.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Experts recommend a minimum intake of 8 glasses of water daily. This will work wonders for your skin.
- In some cases, tight clothes or woollens that cause chafing may aggravate dry and itchy skin problems. Always choose to wear clothes that are comfortable to avoid irritation. Besides, detergents without perfumes or dyes make a safer choice to wash clothes.
Left untreated, dry skin can cause infection, redness, swelling or even dermatitis. Follow a regular skin care regime and changea few personal habits to get rid of dry skin problemspermanently. A healthy glowing skin adds to your confidence and instantly makes a positive impression on others.
Read more articles on Dry Skin Treatment
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.