Losing weight is everyone’s dream. We are always on a lookout for a successful weight loss plan to see fast weight loss results. However, resorting to diet pills or other harmful substances is not advisable. It is very much possible to lose weight in just seven days with a fab diet plan. Losing weight in 7 days may seem impossible, but it isn’t. How to lose weight is a big challenge for anyone. When going with a natural approach to losing weight in a week, you can lose a couple of kilos. And following the program, you’ll be able to throw off 5-6 kilos in a month, taking on your way to a healthy weight loss.
For a 7-day weight loss plan, you need to make a few changes to your lifestyle. Everyone knows the golden rule for losing weight ‘Eat less and exercise more’. Besides, you need to know a few more, such as ‘drink water instead of soda, portion control and not indulging in unhealthy snacking.
For a successful ‘lose weight in 7 days’ program, arm the following tips up your sleeves.
Eat healthy and regularly
You must consider what you can add to your diet, not what you should take away when on a 7-day weight loss plan. You need to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables; they keep you full and also displace fat in the diet. Buy a variety of vegetables and incorporate them into meals. You need to be consistent with your meals, do not skip meals, especially breakfast. However, everything should be portion controlled and no second helpings. Eat a well-rounded diet with balanced nutrition. To lose weight in 7 days, you need to make dietary changes such as cutting back on carbohydrates, avoiding dressings, butter, salt, sugar and fried foods. It is better when you prepare the foods yourself as you know what you are eating.
Have healthful snacks
This one is important, especially for those who have the habit of snacking throughout the day. If you continue to do so, it will be tough to lose weight in a week, but choosing healthy alternatives for wafers, cookies or buns can help your cause. Ideally, cut vegetables into snack-size portions and carry them to work.
Keep all that junk food away from your reach. Chips, cookies, ice cream and snackers may tempt you; say no whenever they are offered to you. It is time for healthy food substitutions so, stock up on fresh vegetables, fruits, oatmeal, nuts and whole-wheat snackers. When hunger pang strikes, you can eat a big salad that has loads of fibre-rich vegetables, topped with a little lean protein (chicken, salmon or tofu). In other words, you will be on your way to lose weight in a week with healthful snacking habits.
Control cravings for sweets
If you are used to having sweets and feel the desire for them, do not relent. Instead of cookies, candy or any other high-calorie stuff, have chewing gum. That’s what you need when you are on a seven-day weight loss plan. You will be able to satisfy your craving without the excess of empty calories found in sweets.
Make exercise a part of routine
An exercise routine is elementary to any weight loss plan. Stick to those low-impact calorie-burning activities that suit your body. Never make the mistake of hoping for weight loss in 7 days with strenuous weight lifting for hours. You can do that after at least one month of preparation with mild exercises. The purpose is to burn calories and not building muscles.You must go for an exercise regimen that you can stick to for a long-run. Make your exercise regimen a mix of activities that you like. When you aim to lose weight in a week, work out for at least 45 minutes per day, every day of the week. Some of the best exercises that help you lose weight are as follows.
- Skipping rope – Try to jump rope for 5minutes, and then take a rest. Try doing 2 to 3 sets of jumping rope per day.
- Swimming - Try swimming; it is a full-body workout that can burn up to 500 calories in a 45-minute session. During the session, also do high-intensity bursts as it boosts the metabolism.
- Jogging or running – Many people start running/jogging because they want to lose weight. Jogging is one of the most effective exercises for weight loss; it helps burn more calories than many other weight-loss exercises. Running/jogging serves you well when you incorporate speed work or interval training into your running routine.
- Bodyweight exercises – Bodyweight exercises such as push-ups, pull-ups, plank, squats and lunges are some of the excellent fat-burning exercises. You can make a workout session of push-ups and lunges – push-ups will target your upper body while lunges work on the lower body parts (butt, hips and thighs). These are the exercises to help you achieve your target of 7-day weight loss plan.
- Cardio – How to lose weight in 7 days? There is nothing better than cardio exercises to help you with your weight loss plan! The basic exercises that are done with a kettlebell, swimming, cycling, high-intensity interval training and hiking are excellent cardio exercises that burn calories. Besides, cardio helps improve circulation and endurance. Ten minutes of cardio burns 200 to 300 calories and works on several muscles groups including arms, legs and core.
- Strength training – Strength exercises (lifting weights, using resistance bands or using your body weight) not only build strength and muscle but also burns calories. Moreover, they help rev metabolism.
Drink plenty of water
You need to drink plenty of water or other calorie-free beverages. Thirst is often taken for hunger; don’t consume something that has calories in it. Water is what you need. You can also drink some flavoured beverages and teas which have no calories.
Water has zero calories and little sodium to aid the weight loss process. Besides, drinking water flushes out impurities from the body and kick-starts metabolism. A few drops of lemon juice or a few mint leaves can be added to change the taste. Weight loss tip for a seven-day weight loss plan – carry a water bottle with you all day, to remind you to drink water regularly.
Take good rest
Good night’s sleep is crucial when losing weight. Add an extra 30 minutes to the nap so that you are better rested. When you are refreshed, you don’t feel lethargic and don’t skip the exercises. Furthermore, a restful sleep (7 to 8 hours) helps improve metabolism. Losing weight is a hard battle; you cannot get it over within a couple of days. You won’t see results instantly, and nothing will happen eventually. Be patient and keep going; you will get the results. If you don’t see changes even after a week, don’t get discouraged but keep your eyes on the weight-loss goal. Eventually, you’ll get there!
Hope, your questions regarding how to lose weight in a week / how to lose weight in 7 days have been answered in the tips above for 7-day weight loss plan. Try this weight loss plan and provide your feedback in the below comment section.
Read more articles on Weight Management