How to disinfect your home: Keeping your home disinfected is a healthy way to keep away from any contamination. There are various easy ways by which you can disinfect your home.
A clean home plays a very important part in keeping you healthy and fit. People spend most of their time at home; therefore it should be free from dirt, dust or any microbial contamination.
Following are a few basic tips that you can follow to disinfect your home
- Kitchen should always be kept clean as a dirty kitchen can transfer lot of germs to the prepared food. Wipe the sink properly after washing the dishes. Put a few drops of antibacterial lotion on the cleaning sponge and wipe the kitchen slabs, stove and washing area with it. Even bleaching powder can be used to clean the kitchen area.
- Use sanitisers to clean the floors of the house. This will kill all the microbes present on the floor surface. Use a disinfectant to wipe the door handles properly.
- Bathroom is yet another place that gets dirty very quickly due to soap deposits. Put bleach powder on the affected areas; leave it on for half to an hour. Now, rub the areas with a soft wiper. Clean the potty seats with liquids especially made for hard cleaning.
- In your bedroom, change the pillow covers, curtains and the bed-sheets within 3 to 4 days. In this way the bacterial growth is kept under check and chances of getting cold, cough and flu is reduced significantly.
- Vacuum each and every corner of the house properly to remove the tiniest of the dirt particle. Cushions and carpets should be brushed regularly to prevent the accumulation of dust. Presence of dust and dirt can increase the risk of developing allergies and asthma.
- Clean your television screen, mirrors, laptops and other computer appliances by using a very mild liquid or spray. Wipe it using a very soft cloth to avoid any scratch on their surfaces.
- Small children have the habit of putting their toys in their mouth. Therefore, wash their toys properly with antiseptic lotions and also keep whether the child is putting these in his mouth or not.
- Some herbal remedies can also be used to disinfect your home. Add a few drops of tree tea oil to keep the clothes clean. Olive oil can be used to clean steel utensils, brass and wood furniture.
- Rub lemons on the kitchen countertops to remove the oil or grease stains. Even vinegars and common salt can be used as cleaners for floors, windows and they are useful for removing even grease marks.
- Always keep the trash can empty. A pile of trash in your home can bring lot of diseases and infections. Therefore, avoid accumulation of garbage in your home.
These tips can surely help you keep your house neat, clean, tidy and free from infections.
Image source : getty
Read more articles on Healthy Living
For more such stories, Download Onlymyhealth app
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.