You can deal with your ex at work with a show of confidence in yourself. Deal with your ex by ignoring her/him personally and by not displaying any malice or emotion at your place of work.
Managing an ex at work gets simpler. Read on to know more!
- Sit down for a brain storming session. It is time for you to answer a few questions: do you still feel for your ex? If yes, then why? Does the breakup still haunt you?
- Ignore her/him personally but professionally keep it positive and confident. This will definitely help your professional relationship.
- It is time for you to decide if you want to be friends with your ex or not. Being cordial and formal can prevent you from creating those embarrassing and sticky situations at work.
- Never sort your personal grudges or future relationships with your ex at work. It is better if kept strictly professional.
- Do not indulge in backbiting. Avoid doing things that you do not want to be a part of. Remember that you discussing bad things about your ex also make you come out in the wrong light.
- Accept it and move on! Your ex and you did share some intimate moments. But symptoms of emotional insecurity at the work place can actually threaten your job position. Do not let old relationships affect your productivity and efficiency at the work place.
- Do not shy away from eye contact and acknowledging each other’s presence. This shows you are still immature.
- Never play politics with your ex. This might turn real ugly if it goes out of hand.
- Let time be the best medicine. Pray for the day when you or your ex get better job opportunities in the market and shift your base!
- Acting professional means avoiding being rude. Be sombre when you are at work. It reflects a lot on how professional you are.
- Do not spread rumours. If your ex is doing that, then consult your immediate senior management and let them handle it for you.
Read more articles on Relationship Help
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.