If you are having trouble while selecting or adhering to a weight loss dietary regimen, you have an option to cook for losing weight. Cooking yourself could be an interesting and encouraging first step to lose excess fats, as choosing processed and restaurant foods may double your fat consumption and sodium and calories intake too.
[Read: How to Keep that Fat off]
General Guidelines for Cooking to Lose Weight
- While preparing meals, use herbs and spices to add flavours instead of calorie-laden sauces.
- Steamed, baked, roasted, broiled, grilled or poached foods should be preferred over foods cooked with oil, lard or butter.
- Incorporate more vegetables and fruits in a weight loss diet plan and make an effort to reduce meat consumption to eliminate saturated fat and cholesterol. If possible, don’t include meat in your diet chart and switch to vegetarian food items as it prevents you from consuming excess calories and fat.
- One should cook variety of foods, belonging to various food groups (whole grains, low-fat dairy, lean proteins, vegetables and fruit). Diverse food options fulfil the requirement for vitamins, minerals and nutrients your body needs. Moreover, these food options keeps you full at all times to reduce cravings for high-fat, high-calorie and sugar-rich foods.
- Serve meals on smaller plates to make your portions appear larger and help you avoid overeating.
[Read: How to Lose Weight]
- What does healthy cooking mean? – It doesn’t mean that you go through food recipe magazines or food shows to become a gourmet chef. Healthy cooking is all about keeping in mind few cooking basics and simple ways to prepare food so that it remains healthy for losing weight.
- For cutting calories and fat – Healthy cooking techniques should cut fats and calories, so that weight-loss efforts turn out to be positive. For instance, reducing one tablespoon oil (about 14 grams) while frying will help you reduce 100 calories. You can cook foods that limit your fat calories by 20 to 30 percent. If a dietician has advised you for a 2,000-calorie diet, it should have 400 to 700 calories from fat. Rather than fried food options, switching to roasting will help you reduce fat by a great deal.
If you want to lose weight but are unable to keep calories down and go on to munch chips and cookies to overcome hunger pangs, the solution for you is cooking your food. You not only learn more about basic rules of healthy eating and healthy cooking for losing weight, but will feel more comfortable and encouraged to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Read more articles on Weight Loss