Straight hair can get boring after a while and you may end up looking for ways to style them.
To style straight hair, you have to be aware of the limitations of such a texture. There are a number of ways in which you can style straight hair to get the look you want.
Hair Styling Tips
- To enhance volume and texture, apply some mousse to damp hair. Then blow dry them. This will add body to your hair.
- Try changing the parting. Swap sides or part you’re your bangs from the middle.
- Braids give a very chic and youthful look. You may pull the hair back and braid them all. Finally, secure them with an elastic band.
- Flip your hair while blow drying. This gives extra shine and volume to fine straight hair.
- You may easily style straight hair by using a light-hold hairspray with humidity control.
- You may try flipping your hair right-side up while they are still slightly damp. Style with a medium-sized round brush and work on giving the ends of your hair a slight bend. This will add subtle waves which look quite glamorous.
- A chic pony tail is a great hairdo for straight hair. Let some hair fall around your face to give a carefree look.
- Avoid highlights on straight hair; instead, opt for lowlights. Ask your colourist to combine darker shades with your natural shade.
- You may style your straight hair to give it a slightly mussed-up look. Apply a surf spray and run your fingers through them as you blow dry.
- Sweep all your hair back and hold them with a wide leather hair band. This classy look can only be achieved with straight hair.
- Get a haircut that maximises the movement. Don’t let the hair get too long because fine, straight hair has a tendency to weigh itself down when too long. The best length is a few inches past the shoulder length.
- For a trendier look, ask your stylist to add a few long layers to the ends with texturising scissors. This adds choppy pieces to the hair and also gives it a good boost. To style straight hair, the challenge lies in adding volume and shine which can be done with the help of sprays and other products. A good cut can make straight hair a style statement and add to the overall look.
Read more articles on Hairstyles.