How to Prevent Malaria Naturally
Malaria Prevention: It is always better to prevent malaria naturally rather than opting for antimalarial drugs. If you are looking for ways to prevent malaria in a natural manner then you have reached the right place! Read on for details on malari
Malaria is an infectious disease that is caused by the transmission of a parasite called plasmodium by the mosquitoes. Many people prefer to take antimalarial drugs for safeguarding against the disease but you can prevent malaria naturally as well.
Avoid being bitten by the mosquitoes: The best way of preventing malaria is protecting oneself from mosquito bites. This includes controlling the breeding of mosquitoes and using personal protection against them. Here are some of the preventive methods:
- Use mosquito repellent with high content of DEET (N,N diethylmetatoluamide).
- Use insecticide treated mosquito nets over your bed while sleeping.
- Limit your outdoor activities during the dusk and dawn hours i.e. the times when mosquitoes are more active.
- Light coloured clothes are also helpful in protecting against the mosquitoes.
- Public health officials recommend that pregnant women and young children must avoid travelling to malaria epidemic areas.
Here are some of the natural ways of preventing yourself from malaria in case you suspect any of its symptoms such as fever, chills, body ache, sweating or nausea.
- Take fresh lemon juice with water whenever you feel feverish.
- Cinnamon powder can be used as a beneficial medicine in lowering the temperature in malaria. Mix one teaspoon of cinnamon powder with a pinch of pepper powder and honey in a glass of water and drink it.
- Holy basil tulsi is very effective in combating malaria by reducing the rigorousness of the ailment. Leaf extracts of 11 grams of holy basil has to be mixed with 3 grams of black pepper. The mixture can be consumed as it provides relief from malaria symptoms.
- Fenugreek seeds can be taken in case of malaria as they help in removing the malaria causing parasites from the body.
- Another natural way of preventing malaria is consuming grapefruit on a daily basis. Grapefruits are rich in quinine, a substance well-known for treating malaria. However, grapefruit can interfere with some of the drugs. So the people who are on any sort of medication must consult a doctor first.
Read more articles on Malaria
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Jan 19, 2013
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.