Prevent acne during winter:Aacne can flare up on sensitive skin due to extreme weather conditions.Read on to know the best way to prevent acne during winters.
During winters, acne can flare up on sensitive skin due to extreme weather conditions. One must maintain caution and hygiene to ensure an acne-free skin during the extremely dry winter months. . Read on to know the best way to prevent acne during winters:
- Skin always reacts to extreme weather conditions. Constant fluctuations in temperature affect skin adversely. Moving out of an insulated environment into a colder atmosphere during winter, cause the epidermis to open the pores and invite dirt.
- Keep your skin hydrated and moisturised at all times. Dry skin promotes dead skin formations and the skin turns flaky.
- Avoid sitting too close to furnaces and room heaters. If your house is insulated, install a small water fountain to keep the moisture in the room intact. For example, one can install electrical humidifiers near the fire places for best results. Placing an earthen pot of water in the corner of the room or keeping the doors and windows open for ventilation for 15 minutes are cheaper alternatives.
- Avoid condiments such as sauces and pickles during winters. Condiments destabilise the oil controlling system in the body leading to excessive oil production in the T-zone of the face.
- Drink half a cup of bitter gourd juice mixed with the juice of half a lemon twice a week for purifying the blood.
- Know your skin-type. Combination skin tones have an edge over the dry or oily skin types. Choose a face wash and a toner accordingly. Acne automatically clears out if the skin is kept clean.
- Do not take prolonged hot showers.
- Remember to take your make-up off completely as the pores get affected the most during winters. This is because the skin perspires less and make-up can lead to an acne flare-up.
- Use retinol before going to bed.
- Use peel-off orange masks for giving the skin a fresh look, as the peel will unclog the zits affectively.
- Apply cucumber juice on the skin and leave it on for a few minutes till it dries off. Wash it off with cool water.
- Use a good bathing oil while taking a shower. Aroma oils such as tea tree oil and lavender oils can unclog pores completely.
- Do not use soaps on the face. Soaps tend to dry out the skin.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.