How to Overcome Pain during Intercourse
- Foreplay helps eliminating dry vaginal condition.
- Discuss the problem with gynaecologist.
- Consult a family member or a close friend.
- Ask your partner to adjust according to your comfort.
Sexual fulfilment is an important emotional need for couples and if it is unmet, a lot of risks may be involved. However, if there is a scenario where you cannot enjoy sex with your partner because of vaginal pain, then you need to know the remedy as to how to overcome pain during intercourse as it can lead to sexual problems.
- A dry vagina is the chief cause of vaginal pain, and one of the common practices to reduce vaginal pain during intercourse is to keep the lining of the vagina lubricated. The vagina can be lubricated by using water based lubricants such as K-Y jelly.
- Have sex with your partner, only when you are aroused.
A study was conducted on the reasons for pain during intercourse by the University of Montreal Hospital Research Centre and University of Montreal in October, 2010. The researchers surveyed 191 couples and it was revealed that most of the respondents experienced pain one time or another during intercourse. Delhi based expert sexologist, Dr. Chandan Choudhary advises, “The main cause of vaginal pain during intercourse is having intercourse in dry vagina which should not be done”. He adds, “Avoid intercourse until the woman is sexually aroused” which is the perfect answer of the question how to overcome pain during intercourse.
Steps to Overcome Pain during Intercourse
- You and your partner need to indulge in foreplay before sex. In many cases, foreplay is helpful in sexually arousing the couple, thereby eliminating the possibility of a dry vagina, which is most important to avoid pain during intercourse.
- Find a good gynaecologist and discuss the problem. The doctor will probably ask you to go for some laboratory tests. The common causes of such kind of pain include endometriosis, a tipped uterus, infections, drug side effects, and hormonal imbalances. If you do not get the answer from your doctor, do further research on the internet or read related journals.
- Ask your close friends or relatives if they face similar pain during intercourse and try to find a solution.
- Try to find out other ways to keep each other sexually happy until you solve the problem. Sexual intimacy is very important after marriage but intimacy is not limited to intercourse alone.
- Remember, this is a temporary problem. Take it as a challenge, discover new methods of intimacy and exercise patience.
- It is important to follow the instructions of your doctor and identify the exact cause of a dry vagina, which may include a bacterial infection or vaginismus.
- Insert the penis yourself during intercourse and stay on top of your partner to control the penetration. Since you are in control, this would help you in controlling the pain during intercourse as well.
- The husband needs to adjust with his wife and it is very important for him not to force his wife for sex.
Image source: Getty Images
Read more on Sex Problems.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Apr 09, 2015
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.