How does Diabetes affect Sex Life? - Since diabetes is caused by hormonal imbalance it is likely to affect sex life of person suffering from it. Diabetic people often report to have problem with sex drive.
Diabetes is a pancreatic disorder triggering an imbalance of insulin production in the body leading to higher production of sugar in the body. Undoubtedly, diabetes causes a hormonal imbalance and it is most likely that it might affect one’s sex life. Many diabetic people reportedly have problems having sex but do not wish to confront them to hide embarrassment. Read on to find more about how diabetes affects sex and relationship and to what extent:
- People have problems with sex as the libido or the urge to have sex goes down considerably. However, people suffering from type 1 diabetes need not worry, as this happens only when, one progresses further into this disease, does not control diet properly and cuts back on exercise.
- High glucose levels in the body cause a considerable fall in the sexual drive of a person.
- Chronic cases of diabetes also cause nerve problems in the body and due to this intercourse in some positions becomes either uncomfortable or nearly impossible due to a strain on the nerves that stimulate the usual sexual response in the body.
- Diabetic patients can also expect premature ejaculation due to high triglyceride levels in the body.
- However, the above can be controlled to a great extent if one maintains the glucose level in the body and exercises regularly.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.